We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. To read more about our affiliate program click here
I can’t begin to count the number of times that people have told me I must be super mom. Having seven kids with six of them being eight and under, AND another on the way is inconceivable for most. All of these comments led me to have a TON of fun spending an afternoon creating my Alter Ego; Super Womb-an. From designing and drawing her look to writing down my powers and vulnerabilities the whole process was a blast.
Introducing Super Womb-An!
Like all super heroes I have some pretty awesome super abilities:
- Birth babies in a single push
- Supersonic hearing and smell
- Multitasking ninja
- Ability to detect a lie in three words or less
- Baby cry and toddler speak translation
- Magical hugs and kisses that heal any boo boo
- Can see out of the back of her head
- Finder of any lost item
- Ability to function on no sleep
- Amazing ability to work within tight deadlines and under extreme pressure
- Creating and sustaining life
Unfortunately the job of super hero also comes with some pretty critical vulnerabilities, super does not equal perfect!
- Inability to pass up a cold Vanilla Coke
- Subject to hormonal fits of crying over sappy teen romance movies
- Often forgets her additional role as tooth fairy
- Loses all powers when the super suit is out for dry cleaning
- Uncontrollable heartburn
- Irresistible cravings for popcorn, potato chips, and crunchy dill pickles
- Powerless in the face of a grinning or laughing child
- Can’t pass by a good looking garage sale or thrift store
- Rodents *shudder*, Super Dad can deal with those
- Inability to walk away from a great board or card game with friends
- Instantly enters daydream mode when breathing in a newborn’s smell
Do you have an alter ego? What are your super powers and vulnerabilities?